Call Charlene at 204-380-2692 to book a time.
Taxes + Covid = Physical distancing
Because of covid we've got things set up a little differently this year. We are really encouraging people to make appointments so that we can manage how many people we have in our space at one time. When you come in for your appointment just let a volunteer know why you are there and they will take you to an area in the back so we can physical distance properly and keep the front end open to those needing to access our food and clothing areas. We will have masks available for those who need them.
Walk ins will still be accepted if we have the time and space to see you, but it's best to make an appointment so you don't end up having to wait a few hours in the parking lot.
What to bring
When you come to your appointment please bring your
- T4s or T5007 or whatever official statements of income apply to you
- T4A if you collected CERB, CRB, CPP, or withdrew pension or T4RSP if you drew from your RRSPs
- Any official receipts for prescriptions, optometrists or daycare that you paid for out of your own pocket
- Rent reciept
- receipts for money you donated or put into RRSPs
- addresses for all the places you've lived since the last time you filed taxes
- and of course know your SIN
If you haven't filed your taxes in a few years you may have money owing to you. We do file taxes for previous years so if you need to taxes for a few years back bring along all the paperwork you can find for those years.